Yoga For Weight- Loss
Are you sold on Yoga for 'extending' your exercise fitness that's really burning calories?
Let's target the trouble spots.
Positions for Trouble Spots when Using Yoga for Weight Loss:
1. Stomach: The Forward Bending Pose, the Bow Pose, the Peacock Pose, the back twist and the Triangle Pose.
2. The Arms: Absolutely the Peacock Posture! the Wheel Pose, the Crow Pose, the Side plank Pose and the 4-limb Personnel Pose.
3. The Thighs: The Bow Pose, The Shoulder-Stand, the Hero Pose, the triangle and wheel postures.
4. Love Handles: The back twist, the triangle present, (with practice) the Side Crow Poses, (for ease) The Side plank pose.
I understand the areas above are the ones most of us seem to target when aiming to slim down, so I have actually ensured to discuss them first.
I'm under the impression that if you had browsed in google or done some research on Yoga for weight reduction, you must have gotten some degree of info on the above, or signed up for a class, bought a Yoga DVD, something to learn some more about it, which is why I did not go over each pose in detail. However trust me, they are undoubtedly really easy. I will highlight though, performing the Sun Salutations (upwards of 24 rounds) must be your primary focus in using Yoga for a weight loss routine.
This too will assist: One present that some Yogis and Yoginis state to be a versatile sufficient posture for the whole body will be the Shoulder-Stand. It is best practiced with its counter postures, in fact, because these presents have effects on the meta-physical and spiritual elements of our lives, it will be safe to state never carry out a yoga posture without counter posing it. You might throw some things from normalcy.
Here's a short summary on the Shoulder-stand as a yoga position for weight reduction:
Spread out a thick blanket on the flooring and place your yoga mat on it. Lie on the back. Gradually raise the legs. Raise the trunk, hips and legs to a vertical position. Rest the elbows firmly on the flooring and support the back with both hands. (See the Illustration for Appropriate Execution). Raise the legs till they end up being vertical. Press the chin versus the chest. This is the chin lock. While performing this posture, the back of the neck, the posterior part of the head and the shoulders must touch the floor. Breathe in counts of 5-5-5 (inhalation, retention and exhalation). Do not allow the body to shake. Its counter positions are the bridge and fish poses which will target your forearms/thighs and chest/neck respectively.
As I assured; here is the Breath of Fire breathing exercise that you can add to your yoga practice to accelerate the burning of calories. (Does not the name alone inform you something ...?).
Breath of Fire Exercise (aka Kapalabathi or Bellows Breath).
- Take a few breaths and see that the diaphragm is moving correctly. Now with the eyes closed (as they need to be when carrying out all breathing workouts) make an unexpected contraction of the abdominal area with a backwards push. This causes an unexpected yet firm expulsion of stagnant air from the lungs.
- Now follow this with a sudden relaxation (which naturally makes the brand-new air enter) now carry out the workout in this way: passive inhalation and active expulsions at a rate of unexpected abdominal push per second one after the other. A round must have 15-20 expulsions. Do not exceed 3 rounds.
- You may gradually increase to 120 expulsions per round and then perform only 2 rounds. (As quickly as you are doing 50 expulsions per round, do not surpass 2 rounds!) Between each round take a pause for about 30 seconds of regular breathing.
Now, there you have it, the info to get you begun on the use of Yoga for weight loss: The poses for the trouble spots, the bellows breath, the shoulder-stand and the almighty Sun Salutations.
So strike a pose, and see on your own how Yoga for health can be an effective and safe option.